Social Service

Our Social Service office is open Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.

The Emergency Assistance available is as follows:

  • Past Due Utilities
  • Past Due Rent
  • Clothing
  • Food
  • Household items for Domestic Violence and Burn Out Victims
  • Prescriptions**

Before you apply for Emergency Assistance at The Salvation Army, please acknowledge the new requirements. You will now need to bring with you:

  1. Referral Letter From Department of Social Service as of July 1, 2013***
  2. Picture ID
  3. Proof of income (social security, work first, child support, employment check stub, food stamp letter*,etc)
  4. Proof of all expenses (i.e...Electric bill, rent, water bill, phone bill, car payments, insurance bills, loans, etc...)
                1. Any bills that you are responsible for but are not in your name you will need the bill and letter of verification from the person(s) name on the bill, that you are responsible for the bill.

If you do not have all of these items that apply, you will be asked to return with them.

*If you do not have a food stamp letter you can go to your local Department of Social Service and request a profile with your food stamp amount on it

**Prescriptions are limited to certain ones. (NO NARCOTICS)

Please note that you can apply for financial assistance once a year (i.e. If someone applies on June 1, 2012 they do not qualify for assistance again until June 2, 2013.). Food assistance is available every 90 days. (i.e. If someone receives assistance with food on June 1, 2012 they are elegible again on August 31, 2012). Clothing assistance is available seasonally.