The Salvation Army will pay up to $100.00 towards a final notice utility bill, or court eviction notice, if the below requirements are met (no assistance with deposits, prescriptions or first month’s rent). Assistance is available Monday-Thursday for up to 8 people per day. You must call our offices on Friday mornings between 8am-9am at 919.834.6733 to make an appointment. Appointments will be made at that time for the following week.
Assistance up to $100 will be paid toward the following:
- Utility bill (final notice)
- Rent (with court eviction papers and excluding deposits and first month)
1. North Carolina Identification Card or valid photo ID
2. Proof of currently working 30 hours per week, or receiving Social Security benefits, Disability, or Unemployment or proof of being laid off within the past 6 months.
3. Final notice for a utility bill or Court Eviction papers for rental assistance.
4. You will be responsible for paying the balance of your bill, before we make our pledge.
*The person receiving assistance must first meet all above obligations toward the payment of the bill (e.g. your portion must be paid before we release our pledge). To apply for financial assistance, call to schedule an appointment on Friday mornings, and then bring the above documents to 1863 Capital Blvd. at your appointment time. Financial assistance will be provided one time per 12-month period.