The First to Arrive, The Last to Leave
Devastating disasters do not discriminate between the rich and the poor, and can often affect thousands of people with little to no warning. North Carolina is an especially vulnerable state, with frequent hurricanes and flooding.
The Salvation Army of Wake County maintains a list of ready volunteers, poised to come to the aid of those impacted. Please sign up to be a standing resource for our disaster relief services to meet needs, provide comfort and offer hope.
Our services include:
- Equipped disaster service vehicle and trained personnel on 24-hour alert for on-site assistance
- Coordination of services with state and federal emergency services and other agencies
- Needs assessment for victims and casework management
- Food, clothing, shelter and other basics of survival for victims
- Pastoral care and crisis counseling
- Collection and distribution of donated goods
- Clean-up and restoration
Learn more about The Salvation Army's Emergency Disaster Services:
TSA's Role in a Disaster [268kb PDF file]
History of TSA's Disaster Response [250kb PDF file]
Overview of TSA's Mobile Canteen Units [476kb PDF file]
Ready NC: NC Citizen Corps/NC Dept. of Public Safety/NC Emergency Management (NCEM), including real-time weather and road conditions, shelter openings and winter safety tips. Download the free ReadyNC mobile app.