The Salvation Army provided over 90,000 meals last year. Be a Shield against hunger this holiday season. Help nourish a hungry family by picking up a few grocercies or prepare a meal.
Thanksgiving & Christmas Grocery Baskets: Our food pantry distributes Thanksgiving and Chrsitmas baskets each holiday so families can enjoy a wonderful home-cooked meal for this holiday. Please consider providing items for Wake County families in need...they will be so thankful.
- Each basket contains the following:
• 1 Whole Turkey (frozen) or turkey breast
• 1 can of cranberry sauce
• 2 cans of green beans
• 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
• 1 can of french-fried onions
• 2 boxes of stuffing
• 2 (29oz) cans of sweet potatoes
• 1 small box of brown sugar
• 1 bag of miniature marshmallows
• 2 cans of regular or creamed corn
• 1 bag of rolls (fresh or frozen)
• 1 frozen pie (cannot be homemade)
*Items should be brought to the Center of Hope location at 1863 Capital Blvd.
Donations can include premade baskets or the items included in our list.
Consider hosting a food drive with your local community, friends, and family to help stock our pantry shelves for the holiday season. Download our food drive toolkit that includes information you need to start your drive or contact our volunteer coordinator.
Shelter Meals: Prepare a meal at home and serve it to the residents of our Women and Children's Shelter. Includes Thanksgiving & Christmas day! Great group activity!
Dinner at 6 p.m. any night of the week! Breakfast at 8 a.m. weekends.