Proceeds generated by Family Store sales are used to give tangible assistance and offer hope to Wake County residents. Your donation could mean a mother and child are housed, a hungry man is fed, and a family stays warm. And all donations are Tax-Deductible!
Have Furniture or Large Appliances to donate?
Currently we are unable to schedule donation pickups.
REQUEST A PICK UP
Have other material items to donate?
You can drop off your donations at our Family Store location at 205 Tryon Road in Raleigh.
There can be no rips, stains, or animal hair on the upholstery, and no cracking or peeling of leather. Furniture must be in working order, mechanically sound, and not have any damage (includes larger scratches and swelling from water damage) or missing parts (handles and knobs may be OK). Any electric/ electronic or gasoline powered donations must be in working order and all gasoline must be drained from gas powered equipment.
Please note: We cannot accept the following items:
- Water beds
- Copiers/office machines
- Light fixtures
- Trundle beds
- Pool tables
- Vanities with plumbing features (we will accept furniture vanities)
- Ping pong tables
- Computer monitors must be flat screen
- Printers older than 5 years
- Kerosene heaters
- Gas grills (we will accept charcoal grills)
- Appliances that are not working or rusty (washer, dryer, stove, refrigerator)
- Console TVs (we will accept flat screen)
- Pianos and organs (we will accept working electronic keyboards)
- Automobile parts – tires, wheels, batteries, seats, engines, etc
- Paint or chemicals
- Infant furniture older than 10 years (slats must be close together)
- Car seats
- Lawnmowers with gas in them
- Mirrors without frames
*We are unable to sell or use the items listed above. When these items are dropped off at our locations, we are forced to discard these items, costing money that would otherwise go towards programs that benefit our neighbors in need.
Want to Donate a Vehicle?
The Salvation Army is happy to accept your donations of used vehicles. We've partnered with Charitable Auto Resources to process these donations. You can call them at 877-503-GIVE to get more information or to setup your donation.