Proceeds generated by Family Store sales are used to give tangible assistance and offer hope to Wake County residents. Your donation could mean a mother and child are housed, a hungry man is fed, and a family stays warm. And all donations are Tax-Deductible!
Have Furniture or Large Appliances to donate?
We schedule pickups for larger donations in Wake County! We can pick up your large furniture donation anytime from 9am to 4pm, Monday through Friday, depending on your location.
Request a Pick Up
Or, call 919-779-8867.
Have other material items to donate?
You can dropoff your donations at our Family Store locations, at 205 Tryon Road and 4025 Wake Forest Road, in Raleigh.
Please note: We cannot accept the following items:
- Water beds
- Copiers/office machines
- Light fixtures
- Trundle beds
- Pool tables
- Vanities with plumbing features (we will accept furniture vanities)
- Ping pong tables
- Computer monitors must be flat screen
- Printers older than 5 years
- Kerosene heaters
- Gas grills (we will accept charcoal grills)
- Appliances that are not working or rusty (washer, dryer, stove, refrigerator)
- Console TVs (we will accept flat screen)
- Pianos and organs (we will accept working electronic keyboards)
- Automobile parts – tires, wheels, batteries, seats, engines, etc
- Paint or chemicals
- Infant furniture older than 10 years (slats must be close together)
- Car seats
- Lawnmowers with gas in them
- Mirrors without frames
*We are unable to sell or use the items listed above. When are dropped off at our locations, we are forced to discard these items, costing money that would otherwise go towards programs that benefit our neighbors in need.
Want to Donate a Vehicle?
The Salvation Army is happy to accept your donations of used vehicles. We've partnered with Charitable Auto Resources to process these donations. You can call them at 877-503-GIVE to get more information or to setup your donation.