Each year over 1,000 youth participate in The Salvation Army's Instructional Athletics Program, learning the importance of team play and good sportsmanship. Always maintaining a Christ-centered atmosphere, there are pre-game devotions and prayers for each sport. Here, children are taught that winning means having fun, learning fundamental skills and being a part of a team where he or she makes a difference.
Detailed information on each sport, including registration and program dates, are available approximately two months before the sport begins. For more information, please contact our Athletic Director, Jere Schramm, at 919 832.6918 ext. 116 or email him with any questions.
With no try-outs, youth can sign up to participate in the following seasonal sports:
Winter Basketball: January-March (ages 5-13)
- Player Registration: December 7 at 10am
- Coaches Registration: January 15
- Player Registration: February 22
- Coaches Registration: April 1
- Player Registration: May 16
Soccer: August 15 - October 15 (ages 4-11) *Fee $100
- Coaches Registration: June 6
- Player Registration: July 8
Flag Football: October 17 - November 21 (ages 7-13) *Fee $100
- Coaches Registration: August 1
- Player Registration: September 9