Christmas is fast approaching and The Salvation Army of Wake County Christmas Cheer Program will begin registration for families in need starting Monday, Oct. 2 through Friday, October 6 at the old Sears building at Cary Towne Center, 1105 Walnut St., Cary, NC 27511.
In the past, our program has registered as many as 8,600 children for our Christmas Cheer Program which enables children to have brand new toys, stockings, and clothing on Christmas morning. None of this would be possible without the time and dedication of volunteers that helped us throughout the holiday season!
As Christmas approaches and our office begins to prepare for what is the most exciting (and busiest) time of the year we want to extend the invitation for each of you to help with the kick off to the season- Client Registration! We need volunteers to help us each day starting on Monday, October 2nd through Friday, October 6th to get all the families registered. Volunteers will interview clients and put their personal data into computers. Bilingual skills, and computer skills are especially needed- but we have a variety of tasks for everyone! We break the day into two shifts: 8:30am-12:30pm, 12:00pm-4:30pm and need at least 35 volunteers to help us with each shift.
If you or your organization is interested in joining us please contact our volunteer coordinator, Jamie Britt Noble, via email or call her at 919-390-6732
Participating families will be registered for a Stocking, the Angel Tree clothing program, and the Toy Shop. The program helps provide Christmas presents to those families who are in financial need with children ages 0-11.
Registration Dates and Hours:
Monday - Friday, October 2-6 9am-11am and 1pm-3pm
Where: Cary Towne Center, 1105 Walnut St., Cary, NC 27511
(Old Sears building)
To Sign Up your child, you must bring:
1. Picture ID (for yourself. You must be the parent or have proof you are the legal guardian for the children)
2. Proof of income for everyone in household
3. One ID for EACH child being registered that shows their date of birth (current Medicaid Card, Birth Certificate, Shot Record, or School Record). This can also be proof that you are the parent or legal guardian, if your name is on the document.
4. Proof of current Wake County address, if different from your picture ID address.
5. You will need to know clothing and shoe sizes for each child.
Please DO NOT bring your children to the Registration. You may only sign up for The Salvation Army Angel Tree/Toy shop program if you have not registered for Christmas assistance from another agency.