The Salvation Army Giving Hope Program
Giving Everyone Hope for a Merry Christmas
The Salvation Army of Greenville County’s Christmas Assistance program, Giving Hope, has three tracks to be eligible, these are outlined below. Please read this whole letter, as the program has changed for the 2019 program year.
- In order to be eligible for Giving Hope, you must attend and complete three Greenville County Library System sponsored programs. Attached to this letter is a card you will have stamped by the Library at the completion of each program. Once you have three stamps, you may contact our office at 864.235.4803 after July 8, 2019, to schedule a registration appointment.
- All of the programs offered can be located on the GCLS Website here.
- The programs offered by GCLS require registration, so please be sure to contact them directly to register for the program that interests you.
- No childcare will be provided. Please pay close attention to the rules of each program as specified by the GCLS.
- All GCLS programs must be completed by October 12, 2019, to be eligible for Giving Hope.
- If you are employed at 30+ hours per week and are able to provide pay stubs for 30+ days showing hours worked, you do not have to attend GCLS programs for a stamp card. If you’re employed, you may contact our office after July 8, 2019, to schedule an appointment for registration.
- If you are enrolled in school in full-time status and you can provide verification of enrollment, you do not have to attend GCLS programs for a stamp card. If you’re enrolled in school, you may contact our office after July 8, 2019, to schedule an appointment for registration.
Regardless of the track you take for Giving Hope, all possible participants must be financially eligible for Giving Hope Christmas Assistance.
Eligibility Requirements: Government Financial Assistance: (DSS Household Summary MUST be provided, nothing else will be accepted), Photo ID of head of household applying OR Income Eligibility: You will need to provide verification of your income and expenses that you have for a month; we will calculate your eligibility based on what you provide. Photo ID of head of household applying.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office at 864.235.4803, and ask to speak to someone about Giving Hope 2019.
Greenville County Library System Branches and Contact Numbers:
Anderson Road: 864-269-5210 | Augusta Road: 864-277-0161 | Berea: 864-246-1695 | Five Forks: 864-234-4904 | Fountain Inn: 864-862-2576 | Hughes Main: 864-242-5000 | Mauldin: 864-277-7397 | Pelham Road: 864-288-6688 | Simpsonville: 864-963-9031 | Taylors: 864-268-5955 | Travelers Rest: 864-834-3650