The Salvation Army Giving Hope Program
Giving Everyone Hope for a Merry Christmas
Every year, The Salvation Army of Greenville, Pickens and Oconee Counties provides Christmas assistance to more than 2,500 children through the Angel Tree program. Children (ages 0-12) who are registered for the Angel Tree program will have their specific Christmas wishes listed on Angel Tree tags, which are "adopted" and fulfilled by community members and organizations. Eligibility for Angel Tree is determined by The Salvation Army's Giving Hope program. Families applying for Angel Tree must follow one of three eligibility tracks AND must prove financial eligibility by one of two methods.
Giving Hope Eligibility Tracks
The Salvation Army of Greenville County’s Christmas Assistance program, Giving Hope, has three tracks to be eligible, these are outlined below:
- Track One: You are employed 30+ hours per week and are able to provide pay stubs for 30+ days showing hours worked.
- Track Two: You are enrolled in school in full-time status and can provide verification of enrollment.
- Track Three: You complete three activities with the Greenville County Library System. You’ll receive a stamp for each activity. Choose from these activities:
- Get a library card for yourself or your child.
- Walk the Born Learning Trail at the Augusta Road Library. Call 864-277-0161 for more info.
- Complete a scavenger hunt at any Greenville County Library location.
- Attend a special Giving Hope event at a library location during August-October. These events will be listed here in July 2020. (Note: No childcare will be provided at these library events.)
Giving Hope Financial Eligibility
Regardless of the track you take for Giving Hope, all participants must be financially eligible. Financial eligibility will be determined in one of two ways:
- Government Financial Assistance: You must provide a DSS Household Summary (nothing else will be accepted) and the photo ID of head of household applying.
- Income Eligibility: You must provide verification of your income and expenses from the most recent month available (your eligibility will be calculated based on the statements you provide) and the photo ID of head of household applying.
Questions? Call The Salvation Army at 864-235-4803 and ask to speak to someone about Giving Hope 2020.
Greenville County Library System Branches and Contact Numbers:
Anderson Road: 864-269-5210 | Augusta Road: 864-277-0161 | Berea: 864-246-1695 | Five Forks: 864-234-4904 | Fountain Inn: 864-862-2576 | Hughes Main: 864-242-5000 | Mauldin: 864-277-7397 | Pelham Road: 864-288-6688 | Simpsonville: 864-963-9031 | Taylors: 864-268-5955 | Travelers Rest: 864-834-3650