The Salvation Army Family Thrift Stores
Your Old Items Can Be Someone's New Beginning
To many people, The Salvation Army is where they donate gently-used clothing and household items. Donating is a great way to recycle goods that can be used by someone in need, but few people realize these donated items are as important to the men who pick them up as they are to those who purchase them. When you donate goods to The Salvation Army, those items are then sold through our Family Stores, and the proceeds are used to fund life-saving programs in your community.
The Salvation Army Family Stores represent a major source of income for critical Salvation Army programs in Greenville, Pickens and Oconee Counties. Your donations of gently-used items provide local consumers an economical retail option while providing critical income for The Salvation Army's Adult Rehabilitation Center in Greenville County and Social Service programs in Pickens and Oconee County. Our Social Ministries offices also issue clothing vouchers to individuals in need, allowing them to shop for items at our Family Stores at no cost.
Donations may be made at any of the store locations or may be picked up by The Salvation Army. The Salvation Army of Greenville has 4 Family Store locations in the Upstate:
- Greenville Family Store | 203 Rutherford Street, Greenville 29609 | Hours: 9 AM-6 PM (Mon-Fri) & 9 AM-5 PM (Sat)
- Taylors Family Store | 5152 Wade Hampton Boulevard, Taylors 29687 | Hours: 9 AM-6 PM (Mon-Sat)
- Clemson Family Store | 500B Old Greenville Highway, Clemson, 29631 | Hours: 9 AM-6 PM (Mon-Sat)
- Seneca Family Store | 104 Colonial Plaza Drive, Seneca, 29678 | Hours: 9 AM-5 PM (Mon-Sat)
Commonly donated items include: appliances, automobiles, children's clothing, furniture, household goods, men's and women's clothing, electronics and equipment assumed to be working and furniture in good condition. Want to see some of our coolest items? Check out our Facebook page here. Tax deductible receipts for your donation are available at the store locations. Save your receipt; donations to Salvation Army Family Stores are tax deductible!
Schedule a Pickup
- If you live in Greenville, Pickens or Oconee Counties and would like to schedule a pickup online, click here or call 864-233-1627.
- Visit the Salvation Army Family Stores of Greenville, Pickens and Oconee Counties Facebook page for updates and sale information.