Every Child Deserves a Merry Christmas
Every year, The Salvation Army of Greenville provide Christmas gifts to more than 1,500 children through the Angel Tree program. In the tri-county area (Greenville, Pickens and Oconee Counties), The Salvation Army serves over 2,500 children! Without Angel Tree, many of these children would otherwise have very little or nothing to open on Christmas morning. However, thanks to the generosity of our community, these Angels will have a merry Christmas! Angel Tree gives individuals and partnering corporations an opportunity to "adopt" less fortunate children and provide them with personalized gifts and necessities. Because all Salvation Army Angels are not served by other holiday assistance programs, donors can be confident their gifts go directly, and without excessive overhead, to children who are truly in need.
If you're looking to register your child in the 2020 Angel Tree program, please click here if you live in Greenville County and here if you live in Pickens County. More information for Oconee County will be available soon. Please keep an eye on the Oconee Facebook page for updates.
Want to "Adopt" an Angel?
If you're looking to adopt an Angel, you will be able to do so virtually this Christmas! Angel Tree tags will be available online (link coming soon), and our wonderful donors can shop for a tag digitally. We hope this new process will help ensure the safety and health of our donors, Angel Tree families and volunteers. Thank you for your understanding!
- If you represent an organization (church, school, business, etc.) looking to host an Angel Tree at your location OR to adopt 5+ Angels, please email us here for more information.
- If you are an individual, family or group wanting to adopt less than 5 Angels, please visit our online Angel Tree (link coming soon).
- Return dates and locations for fulfilled Angel Tree tags will be announced soon.
How Does Angel Tree Work?
See how Angel Tree comes together in our four-part video series, Journey of an Angel.
Get Involved with Angel Tree
For many, "adopting" an angel is a family Christmas tradition. The Salvation Army’s Angel Tree program serves the Greenville community and depends on thousands of donors, volunteers and organizations who ensure each Angel opens something on Christmas that brings smiles and joy to the whole family. Thank you to everyone who participated in the 2019 Angel Tree season! The 2020 Angel Tree season will open to the public in November. Learn more about all the ways you can get involved:
- If you represent an organization (church, school, business, etc.) that would like to host an Angel Tree at your location OR you would like to adopt 5+ children, please contact Rachel Wilkes by email or phone at 864-235-4803 ext. 66134
- Return Angel Tree tag and toys to the Angel Tree kiosk outside the JCPenney at Haywood Mall or the Greenville Convention Center (return deadlines TBA).
- Host a Toy Drive and collect items to help fill out Angel Tree bags!
- Want to help fulfill Angel Tree tags from the comfort of your home? You can purchase our most-needed items from our online registries at Target and Walmart!