This February, local restaurants and bakeries will partner with The Salvation Army for the seventh annual Sweet Desserts campaign. The Sweet Desserts fundraising campaign gives local restaurants and their guests the opportunity to support The Salvation Army’s Social Ministries programs.
As part of Sweet Desserts, businesses feature specialty desserts sometime during February and donate a percentage of the sales to The Salvation Army’s Social Ministries programs. These social services programs help local families through difficult times by providing food, rent, utility and shelter assistance. During the month of Valentine’s, show your love for others by purchasing a signature treat from any of the Sweet Desserts partners:
- Kilwins Chocolates, Fudge and Ice Cream: Double-Dark Salt Caramel Fudge during the month of February
- The Peddler Steakhouse: Brownie a la Mode during the month of February
- Pomegranate on Main: 1001 Nights Chocolate Cake during the month of February
- Sidewall Pastry Kitchen: Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownie from February 1-7, 2021
- Upcountry Provisions: Nana’s Triple Chocolate Brownie from February 8-13, 2021
In 2020, The Salvation Army of Greenville, Pickens and Oconee Counties assisted more than 30,000 unduplicated individuals by serving 154,240 meals, providing 3,106 grocery assistance boxes, issuing 518 utility assistance orders and much more. The Salvation Army seeks to meet human needs without discrimination and has been serving the Greenville community for over 100 years. For the thousands of local families living at or below the poverty line, The Salvation Army provides a range of emergency assistance programs to help them through crisis situations. Proceeds raised through the Sweet Desserts program support these life-changing programs.
Learn more about Sweet Desserts here.