Volunteer to Ring the Bell
For many, the first sign that Christmas is near is when The Salvation Army bell rings out cheer! You can be a part of that magic by volunteering to ring the bell this Christmas.
What do you do when you volunteer to ring the bell?
- Smile and be welcoming and friendly to all who pass by your kettle
- Ring the bell to generate donations into the red kettle - and ring it with spirit!
- Sometimes you may need to answer questions about the Angel Tree or other Christmas activities. Don't worry! We will provide you with a cheat sheet with everything you need to know.
Who can volunteer to ring the bell?
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You may bring children who are 8 years old or older with you
What should I wear?
- Christmas is a festive season! Feel free to wear holiday-themed shirts, hats, and accessories. We will provide you with a Salvation Army apron to help you represent The Salvation Army brand
- It's a good idea to wear comfortable shoes, as you will stand for long periods of time
- Please refrain from wearing shirts or hats with controversial messages or images