THE SALVATION ARMY
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
JOB TITLE: Community Center Summer Day Camp Worker - Seasonal Position for 6 weeks, up to 30 hours per week
REPORTS TO: Community Center Director
LOCATION: Fayetteville, NC
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT/Seasonal
Under the direct supervision of the Director, consistent with the Christian mission of The Salvation Army and the mission of the Boys & Girls Clubs of America. The incumbent shall be responsible for creating a safe and enjoyable environment for a given group of children in the Day Camp Program.The incumbent shall also be responsible for presenting a positive image of The Salvation Army and its programs to the community and other agencies within the area at all times.
The incumbent shall be at least 19 years old and possess a current Driver’s License with a minimum of two years of driving experience with no moving violations. He/She must have a minimum of 2 years previous working experience with children.The incumbent should possess a caring committed attitude for working with youth and be responsible.The incumbent should be certified in CPR/First Aid, Child Abuse Prevention, AED, and Blood Borne Pathogen training or willing to obtain certification within 60 days of employment.
This job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job.The Salvation Army reserves the right to revise the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed based on the organization’s need or when circumstances change.
- Be ready to work at schedule time as scheduled by the Unit Director
- Follow dress code that consists of Clubs staff shirt, knee-length shorts and tennis shoes.
- Participate in all activities (crafts, devotions, swimming, games, etc.) and dress properly. This includes swimming every time your group swims.
- Set a proper example for the boys and girl in camp; as well as other staff.
- As per Salvation Army policy, do not use illicit drugs or alcoholic beverages on premises. Smoking is allowed only in designated areas.
- Be prepared to work an average of 30 hours per week as directed by supervisor.
- Enforce House Rules as outlined in handbook.
- Maintain an orderly behavior level and act as “servant leader” for your assigned group through the use of “House Rules”.
- Follow The Salvation Army’s Emergency Procedures (identified during training), immediately report any injury to supervisor and fill out any necessary forms within 24 hours.
- Be prepared to lead morning devotion when assigned.
- Clean up immediately any and all areas upon leaving.
- Display a willingness to pitch in at all times in the interest of maintaining the building, grounds and equipment.
- Assist in planning, preparing and facilitating Daily Opening and Closing Sessions (Songs, Skits, etc.)
- Assist in Snack Time procedures.
- Maintain a positive and enjoyable daily lunch session.
- Must understand and communicate the Mission/image at all time during Day Camp.
- Provide Christian Leadership for your group.
- Must avoid any act that would be regarded by the administration as inconsiderate, improper or harmful to the campers, staff or camp (includes gossip).
- All other duties that are directly/indirectly related to the program and that are assigned by supervisor.
- Provide safe transportation of camper to and from clubs.
- Ensure that each participant is secured in an operable safety belt.
- Report any maintenance repairs to your supervisor.
- Maintain a clean vehicle disposing of all trash at the end of each day/route.
- Follow, without variation, the vehicle routes provided by your supervisor.
- Stop the vehicle and open vehicles doors and assist all participants entering and exiting the vehicle to ensure safety for all children.
- Follow all club’s safety rules.
- Maintain an adequate level of gasoline in the vehicle at all times.
- Perform related duties as required and assigned.
- To attend the Van Driving Training program prior to driving.
EFFECT ON END RESULT
The incumbent shall have performed his/her duties satisfactory when he/she comes to work on time, helps each camper achieve his/her fullest potential (in terms of mental development, physical well-being, social growth and spiritual awareness), and represents The Salvation Army Boys & Girls Clubs of America as an exemplary Christian minded staff member.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.Its message is based on the Bible.Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human need in his name without discrimination.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The purpose of a job description is to outline the essential functions unique to a particular job within a specific department. Job descriptions are used to recruit, train and evaluate employees.
To apply, download an application HERE or pick up an application at our administrative offices located at 220 E. Russell Street, Fayetteville, NC