Serving Mecklenburg and Union Counties since 1904
Red kettles. The sound of bells ringing. Piles of warm sweaters to donate.
For many people, these items represent their knowledge of The Salvation Army. Here's a little more about us:
- We are an international human service agency, which began in London in 1865.
- The Christian faith shapes our values and is the reason why we serve people from all walks of life.
- If recipients wish to explore their spirituality, they can opt to attend one of our faith communities that can come alongside and support them.
- Our organization began serving families in Charlotte in 1904.
- We offer eight Boys & Girls Clubs in Mecklenburg and Union counties.
- We serve homeless women and children, including veterans, at the Center of Hope shelter
- Our other services include a worship centers, disaster relief, summer camps, and Christmas assistance.
Mission Statement of The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.