North Carolina eases COVID-19 safety restrictions
Governor Roy Cooper says the state's mask mandate will remain in place, but other restrictions will be loosened, starting February 26th at 5pm.
- The curfew from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. will be lifted.
- Social gathering size will be 25 people indoors (up from 10 indoors) and 50 people outdoors.
- Businesses that were operating at 30% capacity no longer have a 100-person cap. That includes outdoor sports fields and venues, outdoor bars, indoor areas of amusement parks and other outdoor businesses. However, there is still a 250-person cap on indoor spaces.
- More spectators will be allowed at high school, college and professional sports events. The number allowed will depend on the venue size.
- Indoor arenas with a capacity of 5,000 or more people will be able to open with up to 15% capacity, as long as they follow safety protocols.
- Workers, athletes, entertainers and staff don’t count toward the above capacity limits.
Find Hope in Times of Need
Are You in Crisis?
Talking to Your Kids about COVID-19