The Salvation Army Silver Bells
Joy, peace, and love for seniors
Looking for help with presents this year? The Salvation Army Silver Bells program is a need base Christmas assistance programs for seniors age 62+ who live in Mecklenburg and Union counties. With the help of numerous media partners and generous members of our community, The Salvation Army provides gifts to hundreds of seniors each year.
REGISTRATION FOR 2018 OPENS MONDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2018 at 9:30am. Please note children are not allowed in the Christmas Center
Note: Medicaid card will NO LONGER be accepted as proof of income
Required documents to apply for Silver Bells age 62 and up: PDF Format
- Valid Photo ID (Driver’s License, Passport, Matricular Consular ID)
- Social Security card (to avoid duplication)
- Proof of current address
- Utility bill from August or September OR
- A copy of your current lease OR
- Bank statement from August or September
- Proof of income
- 2017 tax return OR
- Food stamp award letter (not EBT card) OR
- Supplemental Security Income letter- SSI (NOT Social Security payments) OR
- Medicaid card will NO LONGER be accepted
The Salvation Army Christmas Center location is yet to be determined. Please check back at a later date.
*Please note: When you register, you will be asked for 3 gift suggestions valuing $50 or less. The Salvation Army does not guarantee the quantity or quality of gifts you may receive; all gifts are given through the generosity of people in our community. You will also need to provide your sizes in pants, coats, shirts, and shoes.
Need help with gifts for children? The Salvation Army also provides help for children ages 0 to 12 that live in Mecklenburg or Union counties through the Angel Tree program. learn more