Angel Tree Registration
Christmas help for your family
Registation is closed for 2017
The Salvation Army Angel Tree program is a need base program for children ages 0 to 12 years old in Mecklenburg and Union counties. With the help of numerous media partners and generous members of our community, The Salvation Army provides gifts to thousands of children each year.
REGISTRATION FOR 2017 OPENS Wednesday, OCTOBER 4, 2017 at 9:30am. Complete Schedule Here
Required documents to apply: PDF Format
2. Proof of Current Address (the document must have the name of the parent/guardian on it)
-Utility bill from August or September OR
-A copy of your lease OR
-Your child’s school enrollment letter for the 2016-2017 year OR
-Your child’s Free/Reduced lunch letter for the current year
3. Social Security cards for parents and children (to avoid duplication)
4. Proof of Income – All documents must be current
-CURRENT Medicaid card or award letter for each child OR
-Free/Reduced school lunch paperwork OR
-Food stamp award LETTER (cards will not be accepted) OR
-2016 Tax return
5. Birth Certificate for each child to verify ages
6. Official custody or guardianship papers if applicant is not the biological parent
7. Clothing and shoe sizes for each child
The Salvation Army Christmas Center is located at 801 Arrowood Road, Charlotte, NC 28217
Please note: When you register your child, you will be asked for 3 gift suggestions valuing $50 or less. The Salvation Army does not guarantee the quantity or quality of gifts you may receive; all gifts are given through the generosity of people in our community. You will also need to know your children's sizes in pants, coats, shirts, and shoes.
The Salvation Army also provides help for seniors who may be in need of hope this holiday season through the Angel Tree's sister program, Silver Bells.