The Salvation Army is always there to provide food, shelter, clothing and more for those in need in our community but now is your chance to help too!
The Salvation Army in Charleston is one of 367 nonprofit organizations that are part of Lowcountry Giving Day on May 3, 2016. This special event, hosted by Coastal Community Foundation, is an opportunity for people to invest in their community.
All of the money donated will directly impact the Salvation Army:
- $10 feeds a family of four for a day
- $25 feeds a single adult for a month
- $50 pays a water bill for a family in need
- $100 provides 12 outfits for a family of four
- $250 covers an electric bill for a month
- $500 helps pay rent for a client facing eviction
Here is how Lowcountry Giving Day works…it’s very simple!
You make a donation online with an amount of your choice at www.lowcountrygivingday.org
Remember that every dollar is tax deductible.
Or you if prefer, you can text “CHANGE” to 33923 to make a donation now!
Don’t forget to use the hashtag #lowcountryunite and #LGD16 on social media when, during or after making your donation to help motivate others to give back to our community and support the Salvation Army!