Every day we work to create a SAFE and FUN ENVIRONMENT so youth of all ages can have every opportunity to be successful in life.
Our Safety Policies Address:
- Protecting Youth
- Overall Community Safety
The Salvation Army Boys & Girls Clubs of North & South Carolina continually updates robust safety policies, programs and training for our staff and volunteers that are designed to promote child safety and protect young people from threats that are present in our society.
We implement layers of safety policies and guidelines to keep our youth safe including:
- Implementation of Safe from Harm guidelines – The Salvation Army’s abuse prevention training for youth and vulnerable populations. .
- Mandatory background checks.
- Immediate reporting to authorities.
- Annual safety assessments.
- Mandated Reports - ZERO tolerance for inappropriate behavior of any kind, including child sexual abuse or misconduct
Nationally, Boys & Girls Clubs of America has advocated the passage of the U.S. PROTECT Act, which improved background screening systems and access. The national organization has also partnered with the FBI, the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children and the Centers for Disease Control to contribute to the development of safety practices that benefit ALL youth-serving organizations.
America’s young people deserve nothing less than our constant focus on their safety and our firm commitment to protect every child who is entrusted to our care at The Salvation Army Boys & Girls Clubs of North & South Carolina. To learn more about our national safety policies and actions, please visit Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s Child Safety page.