From sit-down programs that provide nutritious, hot meals and valuable human interaction, to mobile meals that deliver much-needed sustenance to those who cannot reach a food distribution center, to feeding programs across our hundreds of shelters and residential facilities, we help ensure that the most vulnerable members of society do not go hungry.
Every year, our food pantry provides over 95,000 meals, 2,500 grocery orders to residents in Buncombe County.
By offering access to free fresh produce and canned goods, we provide valuable meal supplementation while helping those in need maintain their independence and dignity. These programs are especially crucial in "food deserts," where entire communities lack access to a grocery store.
Food insecurity affects more than 48 million Americans. By offering access to free fresh produce and canned goods, we provide valuable meal supplementation while helping those in need maintain their independence and dignity.
- Our Food Pantry is located at the Center of Hope on 204 Haywood Street.
- Hours of operation for walk-ins are Wednesday from 1:30 - 3:30.
- To make an appointment to come into the Shelter for food assistance please call 828-253-4723.
- Food assistance is provided every 60 days.
We provide walk food assistance through our Food Pantry.
- Financial assistance is provided at the Center of Hope, 204 Haywood Street.
- You must call (828) 253-4723 and make an appointment for financial assistance. Please leave a message and provide your name and number and a staff member will return your call and conduct a phone interview.
- After your phone interview an in-person interview is a potential next step.
- Financial assistance is provided ONLY for rent, water bills, and power bills (electric and/or natural gas or propane).
- Financial assistance is provided once a year for an individual or household in crisis.
- Recipients of financial assistance MUST live in Buncombe County.
- During your appointment, if you are also in need of food assistance, please let our staff know in advance so we are able to provide resources.
To begin, start by reaching out to us at (828) 253-4723 or visit Center of Hope at 204 Haywood Street, Asheville NC 28801.
You can also email us and we will direct you to the appropriate department and professional to meet your needs as soon as possible!