Change. It's in the Bag
The Salvation Army Family store helps the community in a couple of very important ways:
- When you donate goods to our Asheville and Arden Stores, you're helping to provide items that are sold to the community or given to those with the greatest need.
- When you shop for items at our stores, you are directly funding the life-restoring programs that exist in your community.
How Does My Donation Help?
When you donate, support, or shop at our family stores, you're making a real impact in your community.
How it Works
The Salvation Army has three Family (Thrift) Stores operating in Asheville & Buncombe. All donations are tax deductible! Visit one of our two convenient locations, open 9am - 5:00pm, Monday through Saturday!
Our Family Stores rely on donations of clothing and household goods from the community, volunteer and employed staff, and the support of the general public. Proceeds from these stores are used to fund social services and financial assistance programs right here in Asheville.
What we Take
- Clothing in any condition except wet or mildewed
- Electronics, Music Equipment, CD's, DVD's, VHS, Records
- Small Appliances, Lawn Mowers, Tools
- Jewelry, Linens, Comforters, Sheets
- Bicycles, Books, New/Boxed Toys
- Furniture, Headboards, Footboards
What we can NOT Take
- Anything that is ripped, rusty, wet, molded, mildewed or has animal hair
- Anything broken or with missing parts
- Mattresses, Box Springs, Water beds
- Cribs, Car Seats
- TVs with a tube (flatscreens only)
- Entertainment Centers and Desks over 4' tall
- Paint, Hazardous Liquids
Do you have something you'd like to donate that's too large
to move or drop off by yourself? Call us at 828-253-4723 to
schedule a free pick up!
Want to Help?
Help us support our community and volunteer today!