Our Family Store is in desperate need of clothing donations! Please take a moment and drop those clothes that no longer fit at 2688 Peters Creek Parkway, or any Triad A Cleaner World. You can also schedule a pick up at 336 723-9552.
And remember, all proceeds from our Family Store stay in this community to help your neighbors in need!
Did you know . . . NEW - For Crafters! Visit our THRIFTY REHABS page on Pinterest for a number of upcycled project ideas. We'd love to see what you did with your Family Store find! Please email us your pictures!
You can donate your gently used clothing and household items at any Triad A Cleaner World.
Need to clean out the garage?
The Salvation Army accepts vehicles, boats and RVs. Please contact our Gifts-in-Kind Coordinator for complete details.
Donation Hotline: 723-9552
We will pick up your new and usable furniture and other large items. Just call the hotline or email our Gifts-in-Kind Coordinator
To make the donations process easy and efficient, bag or box items to be donated. Loose items are harder for employees to handle and take more time to collect.
If donating durable goods, create an itemized list of everything you are donating. Employees at the stores are not able to do so. Rather, they will give you a receipt that verifies you donated bags of clothes, furniture, etc. If donating cash, the organization will give you a receipt for the amount donated.
Staple the receipt you receive from the organization to your own itemized list. Give this list to your tax preparer who will determine what kind of deduction you are eligible for.
Because of new recycle fees we can no longer take all electronics. For more information please call the Gifts-in-kind coordinator at (336) 723-9552.
The Salvation Army accepts your donations and the revenue from the sale of those donations help to fund the many services and resources that The Salvation Army provides to residents of Forsyth, Davie, Yadkin, and Stokes counties. We gratefully accept gently used donations that can be sold in our store or given to needy residents in support our mission. To make the donations process easy and efficient, bag or box items to be donated. Loose items are harder for employees to handle and take more time to collect.
All donations to The Salvation Army are tax deductible. Simply ask for a receipt and we will gladly provide one. If donating durable goods, create an itemized list of everything you are donating. Employees at the stores are not able to do so. Rather, they will give you a receipt that verifies you donated bags of clothes, furniture, etc. You can find a donation value guide for tax purposes online. Staple the receipt you receive from the organization to your own itemized list. Give this list to your tax preparer who will determine what kind of deduction you are eligible for.
Donations can be dropped off at our retail store at 2688 Peters Creek Parkway. Please come around to the back of the store Monday through Saturday between 9:00 am and 6:00 pm. We also may be able to provide free pick-up of large items or large loads of clothing.
Items We Can Accept:
- Vehicles (Cars, Trucks, Vans, RV’s Boats, etc.)
- Clothing of any type
- Books, Records, CD’s (No magazines or Encyclopedias)
- Furniture (Must be in good condition. No water damage, severe cosmetic damage to wooden items, no rips, stains, tears, or structural damage. We are unable to take disassembled pressed wood items.)
- Shoes & Accessories (Handbags, Ties, Belts, Scarves, etc.)
- Household items (Dishes, House-Ware, Knick-Knacks, etc. Must be clean and undamaged.)
- Linens (Sheets, Towels, Blankets, etc.)
- Small Electrical Items (TV’s, Radios, Clocks, Lamps etc. They must be in good working order. Televisions cannot be older than 5 years.)
- Pianos & Organs. They must be in good shape and in proper working condition.
- Computers, Laptops, and other electronic items. All personal information should be wiped as well as all passwords removed. CRT monitors will not be accepted because of the toxic material content. These can be directed to 3RC @ (336)784-4300.
- Large Household Appliances. Such as Stoves, Refrigerators, Dryers, Air Conditioners, etc. They must be in proper working order, clean, rust free and have a power cord. We cannot accept any washing machines or gas appliances.
- Mattresses and Box Springs. The Salvation Army does sanitize these items; however we cannot accept mattresses if there have any tears, holes, structural damage or stains.
- Upholstered Items. We cannot accept items that are torn, soiled, stained, excessively worn, pet damaged or structurally unstable. The Salvation Army does not repair or clean items and can only offer for sale in the stores clean and useable items.
- Exercise Equipment. Bicycles, Treadmills, Sporting Goods, etc. if in good repair. We cannot accept NordicTrack Ski machines. These must be evaluated on an individual basis. Please call for clarification of current policy. (336.723.9552)
- Garden or Farm Equipment, Tools, Display Props & Cleaning Supplies (Cleaning Supplies will not be sold. They will be used for cleaning purposes in the Store.)
All donations that The Salvation Army can sell in its store are greatly appreciated. However, when we receive items that cannot be used, we must pay to dispose or recycle them. That raises our expenses and reduces the resources that we have available to fund the programs and services we provide to the community. Please dispose of the items listed below through an alternative responsible resource, such as your local recycling center.
Items We Cannot Accept
- Large household appliances. That has mechanical difficulties, missing power cord or is rusty or dirty. No gas appliances whatsoever.
- Large console model televisions and stereos.
- Televisions older than 5 years. The date can be found on the back of the television.
- Built in appliances (Ovens, Stoves, Dishwashers, Washers, microwave etc.)
- Automobile parts Such as tires, wheels, batteries, seats, body parts and engines. (We do not sell these items in our stores and disposal is expensive and restricted in all areas.)
- Paint or chemicals of any kind. (We are not allowed to sell these items in our stores, nor are we allowed to dispose of them in the landfill.)
- Kerosene and Gas heaters. (We are not licensed to handle or sell items of this kind and disposal is restricted.)
Frequently recalled items. Such as Toys, Infant Furniture, Car Seats, small items that can be swallowed, etc.
This list is to be used as a guideline. There are many items we can use in the store that are not on the list. There may be other items in which we will need to turn down due to size, condition or suitability. For more information, please contact the donation hot line at 336.723.9552
Did you know ? 100% of all proceeds generated at The Salvation Army Family Store remain in the community to help your neighbors in need!— Salvation Army WS (@SalArmyWS) September 6, 2012