The Salvation Army offers financial assistance for utilities and rent, paying up to $100. Assistance is available Monday-Thursday for up to 8 people per day.
You must call our offices on Friday mornings between 8am-9am at 919.834.6733 to make an appointment. Appointments will be made at that time for the following week.
Assistance up to $100 will be paid toward the following:
- Utility bill (final notice)
- Rent (with court eviction papers and excluding deposits and first month)
- North Carolina Identification Card or valid photo ID from another state/country
- Social Security Card or Immigrant Identification Card
- Proof of current work of at least 30 hours per week; or proof of current social security benefits payments or unemployment pay; or proof of layoff within the past 6 months.
- Proof of a rent/mortgage payment at the address on your bill (accepted items include recent rent receipt, current lease, letter on letterhead from landlord, canceled check or money order receipt)
- Final notice for a utility bill or Court Eviction papers for rental assistance.
You will have to pay a portion of your past due balance. Our pledge will be 75% of the past due amount, but not to exceed $100.
*The person receiving assistance must first meet all above obligations toward the payment of the bill (e.g. your portion must be paid before we release our pledge). To apply for financial assistance, call to schedule an appointment on Friday mornings, and then bring the above documents to 215 South Person Street at your appointment time. Financial assistance will be provided one time per 12-month period.