The Salvation Army provided over 51,000 meals last year. Be a Shield against hunger this holiday season. Help nourish a hungry family by picking up a few grocercies or prepare a meal.
Christmas Grocery Baskets: Our food pantry distributes Chrsitmas baskets each December so families can enjoy a wonderful home-cooked meal for this holiday. Please consider providing items for Wake County families in need...they will be so thankful.
- Each basket contains the following:
• 1 Whole Turkey (frozen) or turkey breast
• 1 can of cranberry sauce
• 2 cans of green beans
• 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
• 1 can of french-fried onions
• 2 boxes of stuffing
• 2 (29oz) cans of sweet potatoes
• 1 small box of brown sugar
• 1 bag of miniature marshmallows
• 2 cans of regular or creamed corn
• 1 bag of rolls (fresh or frozen)
• 1 frozen pie (cannot be homemade)
*Items should be brought to the Center of Hope location at 1863 Capital Blvd.
Shelter Meals: Prepare a meal at home and serve it to the residents of our Women and Children's Shelter. Includes Thanksgiving & Christmas day! Great group activity!
Dinner at 6 p.m. any night of the week! Breakfast at 8 a.m. weekends.