The Salvation Army offers an array of Christmas Assistance programs throughout North and South Carolina. This includes assistance with food for the holidays, gifts and toys for children, assistance with utilities, and much more.
If you are in need of assistance - here are the guidelines for 2014
2014 Christmas Assistance Registration Guidelines
Children 0 – 12 years old
LOCATION: The Salvation Army Worship Center
821 South S. Aycock Street, Greensboro, NC 27403
DATES & TIMES: Monday, September 29 – Friday, October 3, 2014
Hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Your Must Bring the Following Documentation to Register for Christmas:
1) Valid Photo ID: For parent or individual applying for assistance.
2) Proof of Children’s Ages: Birth certificates or School ID with birth date.
3) Proof of Income: Bring Paycheck stubs, Child Support letters, Social Security letters, Unemployment statements, SSI statements, and Disability statements.
4) Proof of Expenses (Bring Monthly Bills) Lease and Mortgage Statements, Greensboro Housing Authority letters, Electric, Water, and Natural Gas bills.
5) If applicant has someone furnishing shelter and/or paying expenses, a letter stating this information must be written by the individual providing assistance and attached to the application.
6) 3 toy wish list items totaling $75.00.
** Anyone receiving Christmas assistance from another agency may NOT apply for assistance with The Salvation Army.
** Individuals living in High Point or Jamestown must apply for Christmas assistance with The Salvation Army in High Point.
Stuff-the-Stocking - we provide Christmas stocking for your group to fill with goodies
Adopt-A-Family- we provide information on a family or families that your group purchases gifts for. You can pick dingle child/parent families or larger
Angel Tree - we give you a variety of paper angels, with the first names, ages and genders of our needy children that you purchase gifts directly for
Adopt-A-Senior - we give you paper angels representing our seniors; your group purchases grocery gift cards for them.
Give-A-Kid-A-Coat - bring a coat to "A Cleaner World" dry clearners. They will clean them for free and we give them to a kid in need.
Gifts for Kids - donate new toys through Lowes Home Improvement, North State Communications and Fox8 WGHP
Mail Attn: Volunteer Coordinator
P.O. Box 5310
Greensboro, NC 27435
Post on our facebook wall ~ The Greensboro Salvation Army
When responding, Please include: