The Salvation Army Women’s Auxiliary provides support and services to the programs of the Salvation Army including the Center of Hope Women and Children’s Shelter, the eight Boys and Girls Club locations, and Booth Garden Senior Living Facility. In addition, the Women’s Auxiliary organizes various fundraisers to help raise funds to support these programs.
The Women’s Auxiliary:
- helps organize the Fill-a-Stocking Christmas program.
- prepares and serves a monthly meal at the Center of Hope.
- supports the Mothers Morning Out program at the Center of Hope.
- provides scholarships for young adults from the Boys and Girls Clubs so they may further their education.
- helps with birthday parties at the Booth Garden Senior Housing.
- provides seasonal snacks for the Boys and Girls Club programs.
- organizes the Festival of Tables and Annual Attic Sale to raise money for The Salvation Army programs.
The Women’s Auxiliary meets at the third Tuesday of every month at 12:00 PM at Temple Corp – 940 Marsh Road, Charlotte, NC 28209. Members support the work of the Auxiliary by serving on our committees.
For more information or to join The Women’s Auxiliary, please contact Major Kay Lancaster at 704.714.4719 or by email.